Alternative Services, Inc. (ASI) is a non-profit organization originally founded in 1978 in Michigan. Since then, ASI has expanded to several branches throughout the nation—one of which is located in the State of Maine. The Maine branch of ASI (also known as ASI-NE) began operation in 1995. It is dedicated to providing quality support for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities as well as mental health disabilities. ASI-NE has one goal in mind: To support the individuals we serve to reach their goals.
ASI-NE is currently providing residential homes in Somerset, Kennebec, Oxford, Franklin, Cumberland, and Sagadahoc counties. We operate a central administration office in Lewiston for the purpose of overall administrative and fiscal supervision. Our office in Waterville provides administrative, clinical, and clerical support for the Daily Living Support Services and the Community Integration Services programs.
Our Dedication to Support
- Developing and implementing person-centered plans that meet the needs of the individuals we support.
- Providing a healthy, safe, secure, and quality environment in which to live, work, and play.
- Assuring each individual we support has his or her own private bedroom.
- Utilizing trained, competent, and professional and paraprofessional staff.
- Providing ongoing professional development for all levels of employees.
- Going above and beyond the state and federal expectations for quality of care.
- Advocating for the individual in all aspects of their life.
- Establishing a balance between an individual’s health and safety and what’s most important to them.
- Coordinating support with family and significant others.
- Providing Quality Assurance Reviews in all programs on a scheduled, on-going basis.
Our services include 24-hour residential care for adults, in-home daily living support services and case management.
All ASI-NE teams receive ongoing support and supervision from the following agency directors:
- Executive Director
- Administrative Business Manager
- Clinical Director
- Nursing Personnel
- Program Coordinators
- Behavior Specialists
These individuals have been providing services for over 20 years.